Destinys Agent"s Recent Photos

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Progression or not?

So, here I sit, in the company canteen located next to the DTC building. I'm wondering where I'm going, if I'm getting anywhere. Since leaving the ITSC, I've been waiting on Fujitsu to increase my salary. Apparently the delay is because 'Everyone else is getting theirs so it will take time...'. Do you believe it? I badly need the cash. I'm treading water with bills but only just. It's hard to work in a place where you know everyone is on a comfortable wage when you're struggling.

The job itself is great. Desk Side Support involves visiting Reuters employees at their desks to fix the problem there and then (most of the time!) which is a far cry from the ITSC where I attempted to fix issues over the phone and then escalate it to guys on the floor. I do enjoy this aspect. Dealing with people directly always gave me a buzz anyway. That coupled with the fact that I'm known from my time as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) for PMO (Performance Management Online) back in my ITSC days.

The trouble with it all is that progression seems to be happening slowly. I'm made to make notes on things I do, which is fine but initially I was under the impression they needed to be comprehensive. the meeting on Monday corrected this and I now know I have to keep them simple, despite submitting simple notes first of all and having them rejected.

I really need to get a life back. Since I gave up Salsa Dancing due to lack of funds, I've not got much of a social life. I visit my friend Andy quite a bit since he's very close in location and he keeps Praying Mantises like me (I started him off!) but I really crave the companionship of a lady. This won't happen at all while there are insufficiant funds available. I have got the offer of free Salsa now though. Wednesday's in Dartford. I've done the owner some favours in the photographic line (See My Flickr Site) so he's happy for me to come along. I'm going to make an effort to go this week, sans camera too. I'm extremely rusty, as I found out when I danced a few last Friday in between shooting photos. I'll have to drop a group and get back into the swing of it.

I'm still waiting on my pair of Atlas Moths to emerge. The male wiggled when I reseated him in the silk pupae. I'm hoping they emerge soon so I can get some good pictures.

No comments:

MantisCAM

MantisCAM
Live Images of my Praying Mantises - Active from approx. 07:00 to 23:30 BST each day